DECATUR, GA — On Thursday, Feb. 11, at 6:30 p.m., Congressman Hank Johnson (GA-04) will host a telephone town hall on the COVID-19 relief resources.
Included on the call will be Atlanta Legal Aid to discuss housing and renters’ rights. There also will be an IRS expert on hand to discuss stimulus checks, representatives from the Small Business Administration to discuss Payroll Protection Plan (PPP) and Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) and an Emory representative to share information about COVID-19 and vaccines.
- Congressman Hank Johnson (GA-04)
- Terri Denison: Georgia District Director of the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Ruby Riesinger: Area Director and a Business Consultant for the University of Georgia Small Business Development Center in DeKalb and Rockdale
- Linda Berkman: IRS Congressional Liaison
- Attorney Karen Brown: Atlanta Legal Aid
- Nancy Flake Johnson: Urban League of Atlanta
- Dr. Zanthia Wiley: Emory Univerity Hospital’s Division of Infectious Diseases and Director of Antimicrobial Stewardship
The group will discuss:
- Unemployment, stimulus checks, small business loans;
- Evictions, foreclosures and your rights as a renter;
- Vaccines and COVID-19 health issues and more;
- The event will take place on participants’ phones, but will also be streamed live on his Facebook page @RepHankJohnson and website: hankjohnson.house.gov/live.