The next meeting of the DeKalb County Board of Health is scheduled for Thursday, May 23, 3 p.m., in the Bohan Auditorium, located in the Richardson Health Center at 445 Winn Way, Decatur. The public is invited to attend.
Agenda items for the meeting include:
- The approval of minutes from previous meetings
- Consideration and approval of the proposed Board of Health FY2020 Budget;
- The District Health Director’s Report
- Consideration of the transfer of unrestricted fund balance to the restricted fund balance (reserve)
- Consideration for use of unspent FY 2019 funds in support of FY 2010 CIP projects
- Contracts for consideration, to include agreements with Empowerment of Resource Center, Amendment #1, Positive Impact Health, Amendment #1, Someone Cares, Inc., Amendment #1 and a capital project for renovation of T.O. Vinson Health Center restrooms
- Presentation on the effects of vaping, TSG, marijuana and other drugs on our children
- Presentation on the DeKalb Youth Prosperity Initiative
- The Board of Heath’s current financial status report
Anyone who would like to bring an issue before the board can be placed on the agenda by contacting India Dyer at 404-294-3787. Written comments to the board will be accepted at: Office of the Director, DeKalb County Board of Health, P.O. Box 987, Decatur, GA 30031.