The DeKalb County Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Affairs has opened registration for the “Camp Superstars” program.
Camp Superstars, a summer day camp for ages 5-15, runs June 14 to July 30, from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. The camp fee is $66 per week, and breakfast and lunch are provided.
Park staff will meet campers outside all recreation centers for curbside drop-off and pickup. Parents will not be allowed to enter the facility during operating hours. All campers are required to be screened for temperature checks and must wear a mask while indoors.
Children who participate in Camp Superstars will experience a variety of activities including swim lessons, arts and crafts, fun with nature, sports, health and wellness clinics, team games and more. Registration is limited this year to allow us to create small groups and is on a first-come, first serve basis.
To access online registration, visit www.dekalbcountyga.gov/parks and click the “Register Online” button on the department’s homepage. The following recreation centers will be open for registration:
- Exchange Recreation Center, 2771 Columbia Drive, Decatur, GA 30034
- Gresham Recreation Center, 3113 Gresham Road, Atlanta, GA 30316
- Hamilton Recreation Center, 3263 Chapel Street, Scottdale, GA 30079
- Lucious Sanders Recreation Center, 2484 Bruce Street, Lithonia, GA 30058
- Mason Mill Recreation Center, 1340-B McConnell Drive, Decatur, GA 30033
- Midway Recreation Center, 3181 Midway Road, Decatur, GA 30032
- N.H. Scott Recreation Center, 2230 Tilson Road, Decatur, GA 30032
- Tobie Grant Recreation Center, 644 Parkdale Drive, Scottdale, GA 30079