Tax Commissioner Richard Steele reminds homeowners that 2018 property tax bills are due Oct. 15. Taxpayers may view and pay their bills online from any internet-connected device at www.GwinnettTaxCommissioner.com/ViewPayYourTaxes.
- Paying online via e-check is simple, secure and incurs no added convenience fee.
- Paying via debit card incurs a flat $3.95 fee and credit cards incur a 2.29 percent fee.
- Mailed payments postmarked Oct. 15 or prior are accepted as timely; metered mail dates are not. The payment address is P.O. Box 372, Lawrenceville, GA 30046.
- Payments by check may be placed in drop boxes 24/7 at any tag office.
- Payments in person via cash, check, money order, debit card ($3.95) or credit card (2.29 percent) may be made during stated business hours at any Gwinnett County Tax Commissioner’s Office.
Property owners with escrow accounts are responsible to ensure their mortgage company pays the taxes by the due date and can verify they have been paid online at www.GwinnettTaxCommissioner.com/ViewPayYourTaxes.
For property owners who sold their homes this year, tax bills are mailed to both the former and current owners. Documents signed at closing determine who pays the taxes.