Rockdale Water Resources (RWR) is proposing changes to its customer deposit policy. The changes will be presented to the Board of Commissioners at the May 7 Work Session. The board will vote on the measure at its May 14 meeting. The changes will affect both residential and commercial customers.
The proposed revised policy for residential customers is as follows:
- Deposits for residential customers would be determined by a soft inquiry, which doesn’t negatively impact the customer’s credit.
- Depending on the inquiry, either no deposit would be required or the current standard deposit.
- If a deposit is applicable, it would be determined by meter size per rate schedule.
- Deposits for customer with no valid state issued picture ID or Social Security Number would pay a standard deposit, which is not applied until account is terminated.
- Deposit will be automatically applied to account after 12 months of no penalties, no disconnections and no returned checks, or otherwise applied to final bill, if applicable
- This policy does not apply to any location participating in the Landlord Agreement Program
Immediately following BOC approval, a list of approved residential customers will be developed to begin applying deposit credit to their perspective accounts if no penalties, no disconnections and no returned checks exist.
A soft inquiry to determine if deposit is required, would begin in June. Al Ford, RWR Customer Service General Manager, said the department has upgraded software to accommodate improvements.
The proposed revised policy for commercial customers states:
- The deposit will be determined by meter size only.
- A deposit refund will only be applied to account after terminating service and a refund check will be processed for any remaining credit balance and forwarded to address provided.
The BOC work session will be held on Tuesday, May 7, 10 a.m., at Assembly Hall, 901 Main Street, Conyers.
The BOC voting session will be held Tuesday, May 14, 10 a.m. – Assembly Hall, 901 Main Street, Conyers.