DeKalb Superior Court Judge Tangela Barrie has signed an order approving a petition by the Board of Registration and Elections to extend voting hours for several polling places.
For the following polling places, voting has been extended to the indicated times:
- Narvie J. Harris Elementary, 3981 McGill Drive, Decatur—7:45 p.m.
- Clarkston Community Center, 3701 College Ave., Clarkston—7:29 p.m.
- Medlock Elementary School, 2418 Wood Trail Lane, Decatur—7:15 p.m.
- Stephenson High School, 701 Stephenson Road, Stone Mountain—7:45 p.m.
- Stephenson Middle School, 922 Stephenson Road, Stone Mountain—7:30 p.m.
- Kittredge Magnet School, 1663 East Nancy Creek Drive NE, Atlanta—9:26 p.m.
- Ray of Hope Christian Church, 2778 Snapfinger Road, Decatur—10:10 p.m.
The petition to extend the hours was made as the result of a delay in voting due to technical and logistical issues. Although voters were offered provisional ballots, this extension was requested, in an abundance of caution, to ensure that all electors at the locations have the required full 12 hours of voting.
Questions on this matter should be referred to the Registration and Elections office at 404-298-4020.